Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
Mental Health Condition, Social Difficulties, Emotional Difficulties
- We create behaviour contracts and individual risk assessments where necessary, to ensure children can access the curriculum and all children remain safe.
- We complete risk assessments and then take action to ensure the safety and inclusion of all children, whenever possible, in all activities
- We provide one to one counselling sessions for vulnerable children through the use of Mrs Cafferkey our Parent Support advisor and through Kalmer Counselling.
- We use Draw Talk and Social Story techniques.
- We put in place short term support for a child with a specific emotional need, for example, bereavement.
- We run 1-1 and small group sessions with a focus on social skills.
- We use resources from the 'Zones of Regulation' materials.
- We seek the expert advice and support of outside agencies, including our school nurse and the Children and Young People’s Service (CYPS)
(See Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policies)